I have been living in my dream location, San Diego, California for 2 years now. I think it’s safe to say that I’m officially a Cali Girl! I have learned so much by being here.
1. I learned that I don’t know myself all that well.
2. I started my own business!! Praise. I will do a formal announcement when it’s the season to debut.
3. Indianapolis is where I had the most spiritual growth. San Diego has been the place of mental growth.
4. I dress weird, and I’m better at coordinating outfits rather than matchy matchy. I had no black clothes in my wardrobe so I consciously went shopping and only wore black clothes. I called it #blackout
5. I finally decided to loc my hair mainly because I rarely washed or style it for 6 months straight.
6. I was REALLY sick my entire first year here. Internally sick so nobody visibly noticed.
7. I love Jesus for getting me through all of the pain and sickness because for the first time many of my family members weren’t so fortunate and passed away this year.
8. I started focusing on selected friendship quality instead of associate quantity.
9. Which led me to just spending much more time alone.
10. But I don’t know if being alone is good or bad for me… which brings me back to No. 1
I’m sure there will be so many more lessons to learn. This is most likely the reason I am still here — to learn. What is me, what is just a hobby or fad? What need do I have of my friends, when should I put people in the no-friend Zone, when does that funnel into the no-speak Zone vs. the lesson to just be more tolerant? Do I want a house, marriage, kids yet/Ever or do I truly desire to be a foster or surrogate mom in a townhouse?
I have no idea how to answer these, but I’m sure it will come through conversations and experiences that are coming, along with ones I’ve had in these last 2 years.