Last weekend, I went to Baltimore, Marylandwith my friends Jes, Bernard and Scoot.  We drove the 10 hour trip from Indianapolis starting at 11pm.  It wasn’t too bad because we all helped drive.  We got there Friday morning and went straight to Chik-Fil-A for breakfast before meeting up with Jes’ family for a little while.  We then went downtown to our hotel and just walked around the Inner Harbor before heading to Harborplace and the Gallery for some shopping.  We met up with some of our local friends at Nacho Mama’s where they have delicious quesadillas and margaritas.  More of Jes’ friends met us at the hotel before all 8 of us went out to Federal Hill.  Since it was still quite early, we decided to go to Mad River, a place where we could all be comfortable and order drinks at our leisure.  It resulted in a crazy night where we had to take 3 separate cabs to get back home.  As Jeff stated “The problem with drinking with employed people is that everyone can afford a round of shots.”  What happens in Baltimore…

Saturday, I woke up feeling alright until I took a sip of water.  Then all H broke loose.  My tummy was greatly angry at me!  I eventually narrowed it down to Ultimate Pizza, the random street pizza that I had Friday night at like 2am.  It already looked pretty old, but I thought I could still do it.  WRONG!  I should have known my sensitive stomach well enough to know that he is not please with bad ingredients.  However, at the time I didn’t know it was food poisoning and we all still went to the famous Phillips Seafood Express to begin the day.  That was right before this pic…

And let me tell you, you don’t even want to know what happened 5 minutes after this picture!  Sparing the details, we headed over to Fells Pointwhere there were a lot of little cute shops.  Since I was feeling superbad (and not in a good way), I went back to the hotel while the rest of the crew was out.

Saturday night, I was back in the game!  While waiting on them to return from dinner, I started crying while watching Trouble The Water, a black documentary about Hurricane Katrina.  <Check it out if you can>  We all got dressed and walked over to Power Plant and hung out in Mosaic.  After a little dancing to “Baltimore style” music, we continued to Watch out for the big girls on our way back to the hotel.  Sunday, we spent a little more time with friends at Bahama Breeze, and Jes’ family before hitting the road again.  I got back home around midnight and went straight to sleep before having to go to work Monday morning.  Baltimore was a lot of fun and gave me a chance to get out of Indy since I had been here for three straight weekends.  It was nothing like I had imagined and next time I’ll try to go to the National Aquarium and do more tourist stuff and NOT get sick!

Random Link of the Day: Big Meech

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *